Thursday, July 8, 2010

Counting Down the Days

As time draws near to takeoff, I feel much stress has been added. And from what I hear, it is happening to lots of my fellow ASC-ers. We all need lots of prayer. For example, at least one of us had an issue with getting their visa accepted, another couple of people are barely able to pay for it. We are (all of us probably) very excited to leave and we still have lots to do until then. I'm trying to arrange getting together with friends before I go (some of them I haven't seen in a while) and also enjoy the summer and the freedom from homework. And errands and stuff.
I also notice some of us struggling to keep meeting with God. This is crucial! Nothing is worth while compared to time with Him, why can't we remember that! "Seek first the Kingdom of God and all these things will be added onto you." I regret to say that I've put this off for a while. I sometimes have an excuse or i just don't feel like it. And this has probably got to do with recent struggles of lust I've had. When you really meet God in the face, nothing looks as pleasing. And I've lost that.

So, we've still got 11 or so days to work with to get stuff done. I don't know the extent of it, but I hope you will join me in praying that it all gets accomplished. Whatever is causing us to turn away from Him to enjoy something else I pray that it stops. We are His! :)

2 comments:

  1. So true, Brian. We have to remember that without God we wouldn't be going at all, so that time with Him is crucial. My church has been doing a daily Bible reading thing this year and so I get a reminder email each day with that day's Scripture reading. :) it's been super helpful. Sometimes with the chaos of life, we just forget!

    8 DAYS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really attractive to read its extremely good post ! expect you will post many more!

    Europe Holiday Packages | Best Tour Operators in Delhi

    Thanks!
    Best regards,
    Domaxy

    ReplyDelete